Honey Maid S’mores Cereal brings the taste of campfire S’mores straight to your cereal bowl. This cereal has a delicious taste of Honey Maid Graham Crackers, sweet marshmallows, and chocolatey goodness, making it the dream breakfast cereal.
The promotional tagline from Post Consumer Brands, who produce this cereal, is “Never have s’mores indoors been so delicious.” The cereal combines Cinnamon Toast Crunch type of graham crackers with marshmallow and chocolate pieces to give the delicious taste of s’mores.
A 1 cup (40g) of Honey Maid S’mores cereal without milk contains:
- Calories – 160
- Total Fat – 3.5 grams/4%
- Saturated Fat – o grams/0%
- Trans Fat – 0 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat – 1 gram
- Monounsaturated Fat – 2 grams
- Cholesterol – 0mg/0%
- Sodium – 270mg/12%
- Total Carbohydrates – 33 grams/12%
- Dietary Fiber – 1 gram/5%
- Total Sugars – 17 grams
- Including Total Added Sugar – 17 grams/33%
- Protein – 1 gram
- Vitamin D – 0mg/0%
- Calcium – 130mg/8%
- Iron – 4.5mg/25%
- Potassium – 70mg/0%
- Thiamin – 50%
- Niacin – 10%
- Vitamin B6 – 10%
- Folate – 30mcg DFE/8%
- Folic Acid – 20mcg
- Pantothenic Acid – 10%
- Phosphorus – 4%
- Zinc – 10%
The above Daily Value percentage is based on a diet of 2,000 calories per day.
The list of ingredients in Post Honey Maid S’mores includes:
- Whole grain wheat
- Marshmallows (sugar, modified cornstarch, corn syrup, dextrose, gelatin, natural and artificial flavor, sodium hexametaphosphate)
- Canola oil
- Corn flour
- Calcium carbonate
- Corn syrup
- Baking soda
- Cocoa is processed with alkali.
- Soy lecithin
- Caramel color
- Trisodium phosphate
- Natural and artificial flavor
- BHT preservative
- Ferric orthophosphate (iron)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Zinc oxide
- Thiamin mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Folic acid
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Healthy?
Honey Maid S’mores graham cracker cereal is not considered to be healthy for the following reasons:
- There are three teaspoons of added sugar per single serving of cereal. This includes the addition of honey.
- Although the label says it does not contain trans fats, the FDA allows trans fats below 0.5 grams to be rounded to 0. This means there is a high likelihood that this delicious cereal contains trans fats, and no amount of trans fat is healthy.
- This cereal is very low in fiber.
- Contains BHT as a preservative, which is a known carcinogenic.
- It is a highly processed cereal.
- It contains a caramel color. In order to get the synthetic caramel color, sugars react with ammonia and other sulfites, forming 4-methylimidazole, which is a known carcinogenic. In California, manufacturers must indicate that the product contains this compound. However, the manufacturers simply reduce the amount of caramel color to below certain thresholds.
It is luckily not all bad news, as this cereal does have two healthy aspects:
- It contains 100% whole grain wheat, which can help your digestive system.
- It is a good source of natural iron.
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Gluten-Free?
Honey Maid S’mores are not gluten-free as they contain 100% whole grain wheat, which contains gluten.
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Vegan?
The answer will depend on how strict of a vegan you are. Although it does not contain any animal products, it does contain questionable ingredients, making it non-vegan.
As white sugar is processed and whitened with bone char from cattle bones, this ingredient is not labeled vegan-friendly. Honey Maid S’mores Cereal would not be a good breakfast option for vegans.
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Keto?
Honey Maid S’mores are not keto-friendly for the following reasons:
- To much carbs
When following a keto diet, carbs must be limited to 20 – 30 grams per day. Honey Maid S’mores contains 33 grams per single serving, which is already above the daily limit without any other meals.
- Contains high-glycemic sweeteners
Sugar, fructose, and honey are not considered keto-friendly as they increase your blood sugar levels.
- Contains canola oil
Canola oil is not considered part of the keto diet because it is refined oil.
- Contains BHT and modified starch
These harmful food additives to preserve the cereal are not part of the keto diet.
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal High In Protein?
A single 40g serving of Honey Maid S’more’s cereal is not considered high in protein when eaten without any milk. The daily recommended protein content for a single cereal serving is 2 grams or more.
Honey Maid S’mores contains 1 gram of protein per serving, below the daily recommended amount for cereals. The daily recommended protein level amount increases when consumed with milk.
Is Honey Maid S’mores Cereal High In Fiber?
Although Honey Maid S’mores cereal is made from whole grain wheat, it is still low in fiber. It contains 1 gram of fiber per serving, below the recommended 3-5 grams of fiber for a cereal serving.
Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Store Brand Alternatives
Where Can You Buy Honey Maid S’mores Cereal?
You can find this graham crackers cereal on the shelves of most retail grocery stores.
You can also purchase Honey Maid S’mores online through the Post Consumer Brands website or use the website to locate other online stores through the “Where to Buy” function.
Other online retailers of this delicious cereal include Amazon and Walmart.
Famous Honey Maid S’mores Cereal Commercials
Throughout the years, there have been various Honey Maid S’mores commercials.
The most wholesome commercial advertises all the Honey Maid products and shows the daily lives of different families. The voice-over says, “No matter how things change, what makes us wholesome, never will.”
Another well-loved commercial is the “It is not a dream” commercial. A man enters the room where a woman is sitting with a bowl of S’mores cereal. He picks up the box and asks if it is a dream. The woman asks if she should pinch him, and suddenly her hands turn into lobster claws. The voice-over then says, “It is not a dream.”
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.