Fruity Pebbles, a tasty cereal with the tagline “The Fruity way to rock,” comes in the shape of sweetened crispy rice cereal and is a must-try breakfast snack.
This cereal is renowned for its bold, intense fruity flavor and crispy crunch. For over 40 years, Fruity Pebbles cereal, a fruit-flavored rice cereal, has been a breakfast favorite in the kitchens across America.
This fruity fun cereal contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, which include: zinc oxide (source of zinc), sodium ascorbate (which is a vitamin C source), ascorbic acid (another good source of vitamin C), reduced iron, niacinamide, vitamin B6, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin A palmitate, thiamin mononitrate (vitamin B1), vitamin B12, folic acid, and Vitamin D.
Based on a portion size of three-quarters of a 3/4 cup, you can expect the following:
- Calories: 110 Calories (from Fat) – this equates to 10% of your recommended daily value
- Total Fat: 1 gram (2% of your recommended daily value)
- Saturated Fat: 1 gram (5% of your recommended daily value)
- Trans Fat: 0 grams
- Cholesterol: 0 mg (0% of your recommended daily value)
- Sodium: 140 mg (6% of your recommended daily value)
- Total Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of your recommended daily value)
- Dietary Fiber: 0 grams (0% of your recommended daily value)
- Sugars: 9 grams
- Protein: less than one grams
- Vitamin A: 15% of your recommended daily value
- Vitamin C: 10% of your recommended daily value
- Calcium: 0% of your recommended daily value
- Iron: 10% of your recommended daily value
*All Percentages of Daily Values are based on an individual diet of 2,000 calories per day.
The ingredients contained in this sweetened rice cereal include the following:
- Hydrogenated vegetable oil (comprised of coconut and palm kernel oils)
- Natural and artificial flavors contained include less than 0.5% (yellow 6, red 40, turmeric oleoresin (color), yellow 5, blue 1, blue 2, BHA (to help safeguard flavors)
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal Healthy?
Unfortunately, although they taste good, both original Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa pebbles sweetened rice cereal items aren’t that good for you and don’t get five stars in terms of being the healthiest brand on the market.
Why? Per serving, they contain between 9 and 10 grams of sugar. However, this isn’t as bad as the original Fruity Pebbles, which contained 11 grams of sugar.
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal Gluten-Free?
Normal Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles are fashioned from crispy, crunchy rice, making them a naturally delicious gluten-free cereal option, providing certification to avoid cross-contamination.
If you love tasting delicious flavors yet wish to stick to a gluten-free diet, eating cereal such as this flavored rice crispy cereal could be the ideal option for you!
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal Vegan?
If you’re a vegan, you can continue to enjoy this classic cereal as part of your balanced daily diet.
This childhood cereal is a firm favorite amongst those wishing to embrace a vegan lifestyle while allowing for a few taste-tantalizing breakfast options.
When pairing with soy or almond milk, expect the liquid to turn a rich and energetic green hue! This is down to the artificial fruit flavors of the brand’s sweet treat recipes.
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal Keto?
If you’re on a keto diet, Pebbles Cocoa Cereal isn’t a favorite cereal as it is high in net carbs. Per a serving of 100 grams, it contains 84.72g of net carbs.
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal High In Protein?
In total, this breakfast cereal contains 1.8 grams of protein per serving. You can add more protein when eating fruity pebbles by introducing protein powder, milk, or yogurt to your bowl.
Is Fruity Pebbles Cereal High In Fiber?
A-¾ cup serving of Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal has no dietary fiber, making it a poor choice and not the favorite cereal for those looking to introduce more fiber into their daily diet.
For best results, you need to pick an option that contains five grams of fiber or more per serving.
You can add more fiber to your bowl by serving this food item with nuts and nut butters, berries, and other whole grains, all rated with five stars to increase your daily fiber intake.
Fruity Pebbles Cereal Store Brand Alternatives
If you love tasting fruity flavors, a good breakfast cereal alternative to Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal is Captain Crunch’s Crunch Berries cereal, which boasts a variety of fun flavors you can taste individually.
While the original Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal may not have the fun fruity flavors of Post’s Fruity Pebbles cereal, this is the best cereal alternative for those looking for a rice cereal with delicious taste and little “Snap, Crackle, and Pop” fun.
Where You Can Buy Fruity Pebbles Cereal
You can buy this delicious cereal from online retailers like Walmart, Amazon, or Instacart. You can also browse the cereal isles from your favorite local grocery store. As a bonus for the pancake fans out there, the popular maple syrup from Mrs. Butterworth’s, teamed up with Post’s Fruity Pebbles and launched the promotional Mrs. Butterworth’s Fruity Pebbles Flavored Syrup to add a little extra sugary goodness to your breakfast.
Famous Fruity Pebbles Cereal Commercials
When it comes to Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles cereal, a variety of commercials have been released over the years, some of which we have listed below…
- This was one of the first commercials created by D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles, the Post’s ad agency. It featured the famed characters Barney Rubble and Fred Flinstone from the children’s cartoon show “The Flintstones” enjoying a bowl of the cooked rice cereal varieties while sitting at the Bedrock table. “They’re Yabba-Dabba-Delicious!”.
- Adverts featuring John Cena: The pro wrestler for WWE became a brand endorser in 2011.
- From 2012 to 2014, Pebbles adverts evolved into a scene where Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm perform martial arts such as kung fu.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.