Kellogg’s Smart Start family favorite cereal comes in the shape of a taste-tantalizing breakfast choice and midday bite that boasts a delightful combination of toasted, sweetened crunchy oat clusters and multi-grain flakes – perfect for snacking and on the go.
Asides from being a good fiber source, this cereal also assists in supporting your digestive health. On top of this, Kellogg’s Smart Start contains an impressive seven essential vitamins and minerals, as well as various body-friendly antioxidants including beta carotene.
But that’s not all! This wonderful cereal boasts a delicious taste, isn’t classed as a junk cereal, and is suited to both kids and adults.
There are around eight servings per container, with each of these delicious servings measuring around 64 grams, which is the equivalent of one and a quarter cups.
Each serving contains:
- 240 calories (300 with three quarters skimmed milk)
- Total fat: one gram (1% of your daily allowance)
- Saturated fat: 0 grams (0% of your daily allowance)
- Trans fat: 0 grams (0% of your daily allowance)
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0 grams (0% of your daily allowance)
- Monosaturated fat: 0 grams (0% of your daily allowance)
- Cholesterol: 0 mg (0% of your daily allowance)
- Sodium: 260 mg (11% of your daily allowance)
- Total carbohydrates: 56 grams (
- Dietary fiber: three grams (12% of your daily allowance)
- Total sugars: 18 grams
- Protein: five grams (4% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin D: 2 mcg (10% of your daily allowance)
- Calcium: 10 mg (0% of your daily allowance)
- Iron: 8.1 mg (45% of your daily allowance)
- Potassium: 130 mg (2% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin A (10% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin C (10% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin E (10% of your daily allowance)
- Thiamin (20% of your daily allowance)
- Riboflavin (20% of your daily allowance)
- Niacin (20% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin B6 (20% of your daily allowance)
- Folate (200 mcg Folic Acid): 340 mcg (80% of your daily allowance)
- Vitamin B12 (20% of your daily allowance)
The standard ingredients found in a box of Smart Start Cereals include:
- Whole grain wheat
- Whole oats
- Brown sugar syrup
- Less than 2% of rice flour
- Corn syrup
- Malt flavor
- Barley malt extract
- Natural flavor
- Mixed tocopherols (vitamin E) for freshness
Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Reduced iron
- Vitamin E acetate
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin hydrochloride)
- Folic acid
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin B12
Is Smart Start Cereal Healthy?
This cereal is a great option for families looking to embrace a healthy lifestyle and a good option for those looking to appeal to both adults and kids. Every portion provides an excellent source of minerals and three vitamins.
On top of this, each bowlful is full of fiber and antioxidants, comprising vitamins E, C, and beta-carotene.
Is Smart Start Cereal Gluten-Free?
Smart cereal contains several items containing gluten, which means it isn’t a popular choice with those looking to avoid gluten altogether.
Is Smart Start Cereal Vegan?
If you’re vegan, Smart Cereal isn’t a good option for you as it contains honey which is not considered to be a vegan ingredient by many. To learn more about the ingredients housed in this breakfast cereal, see more details on the reverse of the packaging.
Is Smart Start Cereal Keto?
Kellogg’s Smart Start isn’t a good option for those looking to stick to a keto-friendly diet. Why? It is a cereal that boasts high carbs and contains ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup, sugar, and honey.
Is Smart Start Cereal High in Protein?
Smart Start cereal contains five grams of protein. If you are looking to add more to your diet, pair your cereal with Greek yogurt and sprinkle on a handful of seeds or nuts, particularly almonds, walnuts, pine nuts, macadamias, pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, cashews, sesame seeds, or sunflower seeds into your bowl.
You can even add a spoonful of nut paste, nut butter, or nut milk to the mix.
Is Smart Start Cereal High in Fiber?
Yes, each bowlful contains an ample amount of fiber – three grams to be precise, which equates to 12% of your daily allowance. All in all, Smart Start (as the name suggests) is a great way to start your day, especially when teamed with your favorite dairy (or non-dairy!) product.
The fiber content in this product is one of the reasons Kellogg’s Smart Start Original is a family favorite cereal.
Smart Start Cereal Store Brand Alternatives
One popular, healthy alternative to Kellogg’s Smart Start Original toasted multi-grain flakes and crunchy oat cereal is Post Foods Grape Nuts. This cereal doesn’t contain any sugar and is created using just four ingredients.
These comprise malted barley flour, whole-grain flour, salt, and dried yeast. Per serving, this cereal provides seven grams of fiber and plenty of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals comprising iron, zinc, B vitamins, copper, and magnesium and copper.
Where You Can Buy Smart Start Cereal
The best place to buy Smart Cereal is online, this way it can be delivered directly to your door as and when you need it (even though many fans hope Kellogs reconsider discontinuing this item from standard grocery stores). You can purchase Smart Start at Walmart, Target, and Kroger.
Whether eating as a crispy treat straight from the pack or as a smart start to your day, the average customer ratings are high! In fact, it is one of the best cereal options out there and adults and kids love it.
Famous Smart Start Cereal Commercials
Several Smart Start adverts have been released over the years, some of the most prevalent are:
- Kelloggs Smart Start released this advert in 2000, which showcases the day in the life of an independent career-minded woman. This low-fat breakfast cereal, complete with toasted multi-grain flakes and crunchy oat clusters is the only cereal capable of on-the-go moments.
- Kelloggs Smart Start showcased this cinema advert in 1985, which follows athletes competing in the infamous ‘Tour de France’. From snacks on the go to a low-fat, ready-to-eat cereal, these keen cyclists fuel their efforts with Kellogg’s Smart Start Original cereal on the go.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.